Thursday, October 14, 2010

Paying to Use a Restroom Part 2

Right outside of the Louvre in Paris there is a huge shopping mall. LIke any other place that attracts alot of foot traffic, there are bathrooms there. As I mentioned in my previous post, it is pretty normal for Europe that you have to pay to use these bathrooms. How much you ask? Well, that depends.



You see, this bathroom has a menu of prices. Now, I don't speak French particularly well, but I was able to cobble together some meaning out of this.

1 Euro to use the bathroom.
1.5 Euro to use the bathroom in a "Cabine Spa." I think this means you get to use a bidet, though I am not sure.
2 Euro for a Mother/Child combo bathroom.
5 Euro for a 5-pack. (This doesn't make any sense to me.)
1 Euro for a Feminine Hygiene kit.

When I first saw the prices, however, I imagined the following scenario. (Note: If this happens to you in a few years, you saw it here first, and hopefully it means that I was able to start a bathroom empire)

Customer: "Excuse me, how much does it cost to use the restoom?"
Attendant: "Well that depends...What did you eat for dinner last night?"
Customer: "Uh....Spicy Mexican Food."
Attendant: "That will be 15 euros please."

Also, here is a wall of toilet paper rolls they had in the pay-area-lobby-thing of this particular bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment